Our travel insurance policies can protect you against many unforeseen eventualities. Our Backpacker insurance provides you with cover if your trip doesn’t go to plan. Whether you’re trekking around Europe, discovering Asia or exploring every corner of the globe on a gap year, our Backpacker insurance is appropriate for most travellers. A backpacker policy is different to any other travel insurance policy, because it allows you to travel for extended periods of time, to different destinations, on one trip. You won’t need to arrange cover for each separate country you’re planning to visit, and you won’t need specific dates for travelling to and from different countries.
If you plan to travel more than 2 times per year, our annual multi trip policy may be better value. Our backpacker insurance packages offer cover for a wide range of activities that you may want to try during your backpacking trip, although there are some restrictions in place on what activities are covered. Remember that all of our travel insurance policies can covera range of pre-existing medical conditions. Sadly, accidents do happen and there might be a reason why you can no longer travel. But, if you’ve taken out Backpacker travel insurance, you’ll have cover for cancellation.
Travel cover for those traveling more than 60 consecutive days
Some banks may flag use of cards abroad as a suspicious transaction and try to contact you for confirmation that it was you. In some instances, your card may even be swallowed by the machine or blocked from further use. By letting your bank know about your travel plans before you go, you should be able to use your card abroad with no problems. Whether you’re exploring the wonders of South East Asia or taking a trip down under in Australia, you should be prepared.
- From budgeting to packing, and advice for parents & guardians, Gap 360 provides expert information on gap years and youth travel.
- But, depending on the type of holiday you’re taking, we may still be able to cover you under our Single Trip and Annual travel insurance policies, where the age limit is 80 or under and 65 or under respectively .
- Most trips have an arrival meeting on the first day where the guide or local team will run through the trip, the safety protocols, and to answer any questions you may have.
- As medical facilities and standards can vary around the world, you should ensure you have adequate travel insurance in place before you depart to cover you for any medical emergencies.
- Conditions include any minor or severe ongoing medical needs, as well as any condition that has required medication, tablets, surgery, reviews, treatment or other investigations over the last 12 months.
- We now play with all the cards as you do pick it up quite quickly after a few goes.
The policy covers non-manual work, including professional, administrative and clerical duties . Cover for transport and accommodation costs to get a temporary passport and the equivalent value of the remaining period of it, if it is lost or stolen on your journey. If you are looking to travel somewhere for less than 60 days, then you might want to consider getting single trip travel cover.
Medical Assistance Services: Included
As well as covering the essentials as part of our main travel insurance packages, we also offer a range of add on travel insurance cover policies. It’s ideal for those going on backpacking trips or settling in another country for work or study for up to 12 uninterrupted months. Backpacker Cover is available for people up to 49 countryhavenresort.com years old, with no minimum age limit. So you can choose the travel insurance policy that’s best for you. Don’t forget to check the latestForeign, Commonwealth and Development Office and local government travel advice before you go. We know that you’re heading on a backpacking holiday to enjoy an adventure and try new things.